People always have conversations at the UC that spark ideas for new projects or features, this is my random collection of features or items I need to look into. Most people can ignore it… but if your interested in what goes on in my head here ya go:
- I started looking into this before, but I was reminded of it again today… it would be useful to setup separate innodb buffer pools like the key caches in MyISAM.
- maybe an easy hack to put in a tiered LRU based on file per table. What I mean by this is internally the internal BP in inno actually uses the space id ( file per table will have a new ID per table )… this should make it feasible to ( maybe easy ) to move certain spaceid’s up or down the internal LRU list This maybe an interesting feature, not exactly like pinning a table into the BP but close. Basically, if a table is accessed and its higher priority it will stay in the BP longer.
- Need to port waffle to mysql 5.4
- Was asked when Waffle will make it into mainstream Mysql/Innodb… ummm have never thought about it, need to ask around
- Maybe able to direct waffle to “cache” only certain spaceid’s fairly easily. This may be usful to eliminate pushing single or low use tables to memcached
- Fix how we are trying to use NoReply
- Tough one… waffle storing rows? Could be accessed outside of mysql?
- Persistent memcached? i.e. memcached and block device
- Enhance JuiceDB, especially looking at Drizzle
- Dbt2 & drizzle…
- Look at a better memcached benchmark
- Look at testing Virident appliances, What can they mean to waffle?
- Look at testing Schooner Appliance’s, What can they mean to waffle?